Our Poetry and Prose editors had a difficult time sifting through all this past year’s fantastic writing in search of our six nominees for The Pushcart Prize, but reminiscing about all of their favourite pieces was a bonus! Thank you to all the contributors who made the task both difficult and rewarding. Below is our list of nominations for the 2017 Pushcart Prize.
“For J” by Jessica Bebenek (Issue 55.3, Spring 2017)
- Read our Get to Know with Jessica Bebenek!
“And the Moon Spun Round Like a Top” by Hiromi Goto (Issue 55.3, Spring 2017)
- Read an excerpt and interview with Hiromi!
“Girls” by Jill Talbot (Liminal issue 56.1, Fall 2017)
- Read the winning piece of the Grouse Grind Lit Prize for V Short Forms!
(Psst, the Jacob Zilber Prize for Short Fiction is still open! Submit to this contest, and who knows! Maybe you’ll be nominated for a Pushcart or National Magazine Award too!)
“Balloonfest ’86” by Jake Byrne (Issue 55.3, Spring 2017)
- Order a copy of Jake’s new chapbook, The Tide, out with Rahila’s Ghost Press!
“This is East Euro” by Marta Balcewicz (Liminal Issue 56.1, Fall 2017)
- Check out Marta’s website to read some more of her creative things!
“Cell” by Russell Thornton (Liminal Issue 56.1, Fall 2017)
- Read our interview with Russel Thornton!
Best of luck and congrats to all the nominees!